Park Lane South to Atlantic Avenue
Similar to the North Passage, this zone will provide separate paths for biking and walking within a woodland context to allow visitors to move swiftly through this zone, including planted and fenced buffers at the edges of the former right-of-way to provide privacy for adjacent residences. At the Jamaica Avenue overpass, visitors can look out from the bridge and connect to shopping and other street-level activities.
Locally-focused, quiet, natural paths, limited access points
Potential Features & Amenities
- Quiet forest
- Education partnership with PS254
- Gateway design moment at J Train overpass at Jamaica Ave.
- Potential access point at southwest corner of Park Lane South intersection
- Paths for walking and biking
- PS 254 Rosa Parks
- Jamaica Ave. businesses
- C-Town at Jamaica Ave.
Ecological/Green Infrastructure Features
- Emphasis on trees and erosion of embankment slopes