Metropolitan Avenue to Union Turnpike
North of Forest Park, adjacent to a high-use commercial area, the Metropolitan High School complex, and the Glendale ballfields, the Metropolitan Hub will offer many active learning and recreational spaces. In partnership with local institutions, there will be outdoor nature classrooms near the school; food concessions, batting cages, and bleachers by the Glendale ballfields; and space for temporary food stalls and a farmers market.
Borough-wide focus, temporary plug-in event facilities in adjacent large parking lots.
Potential Features & Amenities
- Gateway design moment at Metropolitan Ave. bridge
- Access points at Metropolitan Ave. and Home Depot parking lot
- Replaced paved area between Glendale fields and shopping center with recreation lawn and batting cages for shared public and little league use
- Learning landscape with Metropolitan High School complex
- Gateway to Forest Park at Crescent Apt parking lot
- The three schools in Metropolitan High School complex
- Trader Joe’s
- Home Depot
Ecological/Green Infrastructure Features
- Green infrastructure demonstration site
- Outdoor classrooms