5 Ways You Can Help
Your support is critical to the project’s success. Here are some ways you can help make the QueensWay a reality.
1. Make a Donation
- Your financial support will help FQW and The Trust for Public Land continue to build support and, ultimately, help develop and operate the park. For information on how you can donate, email us at email@example.com. If you would like to send a check, please make it to:
The Trust for Public Land/QueensWay
666 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10012
- You can also Donate Online Here to the QueensWay project.
2. Sign Our Petition
Join thousands of QueensWay supporters thousands urging local elected officials, the City and State of New York and other stakeholders to build the QueensWay. Please click here to add your name.
3. Join the Friends of The QueensWay Community
- Click here to join our email list and stay informed on our progress.
- Join our Online Community; Please ‘like’ us on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Encourage your friends to become members by sending them the subscription link and to sign our petition.
4. Contact Your Elected Officials
- Write or email your Council Member, State Assembly Member and State Senator. Tell them why you support the QueensWay and ask them to support its creation. Click LetterofSupport to download a sample letter and click Elected Officials Contacts for a list of local elected officials and community boards.
- If you work at or own a business that could benefit from a greenway connecting the communities of Central Queens, please send in a letter on behalf of your business explaining how this would benefit you.
- Reach out to at least five friends and family members and tell them about the QueensWay, you can copy and past the following message:
There is an exciting new project in Central Queens called the QueensWay, a plan to build a greenway which would add 50 acres of beautiful space for recreation and cultural programming. You can learn about it on the thequeensway.org, and by signing up for the Friends of the QueensWay (FQW) mailing list, through which you will be notified of community events and planning workshops. You can also join me and thousands of Queens residents in supporting of QueensWay by signing the petition, and liking the FQW facebook page.
5. Help Build Community Support
If you live in Queens Community Boards 5, 6, 9 and 10:
- If you live in a Co-op ask the Board to write a letter of support. Write or email the Community Board with your message of support. Ask at least 5 of your neighbors to do the same
- Attend a CB meeting and tell the members you support the QueensWay. General meetings are held every month (except July and August) and open to the public with time-slots on the agenda for residents to stand up and share their opinion on matters affecting the District.
If you have ties to local groups, organizations, civics, institution:
- If you have an affiliation to a group, organization, or institution that you believe would be interested in the project or a presentation from our group, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have friends, family, colleagues or interested parties, please share our QueensWay Video with them